Friday, March 1, 2013

Tasting - Villa d' Orvieto


Name: Villa d'Orvieto
Variety: Grecjetto, Procanico (Trebbiano), Malvasia
Region: Umbria
Country: Italy
Year:  2011
Price: 6.95
Shop review: It’s a blend of Grechetto, Procanico (Trebbiano), and Malvasia. Fresh and crisp, it has a beautiful, floral bouquet. It is wonderful with appetizers, fish, chicken, and salads.
My review: It had a strong alcohol scent to me, but it had a very strong floral scent as well. I really liked how I could actually tell that it was flowers in this wine, I haven't really smelled flowers before. Upon tasting, it was fresh and sweet, and I loved that. It was almost like a juice sweetness but very crisp and refreshing. I will definitely be trying this wine again.
I tried this without food on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment