Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting - Montebuena


Name: Montebuena
Variety: 100% Tempranillo
Region: Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95
Shop review: Ripe cherry and blackcurrant on the nose and in the mouth. Pliant and seamless in texture, with good heft and back-end energy. Finishes smooth and sweet, with fine-grained tannins providing shape and grip. Still on the young side but this wine drinks very well with an hour or so of decanting; it's an excellent value for Rioja.
My review: I loved this red wine! It smelled slightly chocolately to me at first, but then it immediately smelled like a really good balance of cherry and raspberry, and then finished with a really nice floral, earthy scent. I was really excited to drink it based just off the smell, which is rare for me with red wine smells. Upon tasting it was especially cherry-esque and had a darker, thicker texture that I really liked on the finish. The finish was also just medium-dry and I liked that a lot. I tried this wine on its own without food, and I would like to try it again with food!

No comments:

Post a Comment