Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tasting - Maipe Malbec Rose


Name: Maipe Malbec Rose
Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95
Shop review: Intense pink color with violet hints. Fresh red fruit bouquet, strawberry and cherry flavors, balanced acidity, dry and lingering finish. Excellent with tuna or green salad, pasta, spicy Asian dishes.
My review: I loved how pink this wine was, which appealed to my love of sweet wines so I was excited to try this one. It smelled like strawberries and just really fruity so I expected it to be a very sweet wine. Upon tasting, it was very sweet and fruity, but had a nice finish that was slightly acidic and left a slightly dry aftertaste, which I like a lot better than a sticky sweet after taste some pink wines leave. I really liked the strawberries in it as well. I tasted this wine without food on its own. I would try this wine again!

No comments:

Post a Comment