Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tasting - Cortenova Pinot Grigio

Name: Cortenova Pinot Grigio
Variety: 100% Pinot Grigio
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy

Year: 2012
Price: $7.95
Shop review: Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections. Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the aftertaste. Pairs well with seafood dishes, risottos with scampi, spaghetti with clams, sole in white wine Perfect also as an aperitif.
My review: This was the most banana smelling wine I've ever smelled! I like bananas, but this was a little over powering for me. On the end of the smell I got a little bit of pears and a slight nutty smell. Upon tasting, it was much more dry than I expected with an almond, nutty finish/aftertaste I wasn't too fond of. I liked this wine but it had too strong of flavors I don't really like so I don't think I would get it again. I tried this wine on its own without food. I did see that it paired well with seafood dishes, so I may actually try this with one.

No comments:

Post a Comment