Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tasting - Potluck Sweet Malbec


Name: Potluck Sweet Malbec
Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2010
Price: $7.95
Shop review: Deep red brilliant with violet hints. Complex, fruity, and predominant red fruits. Easy to drink, round with persistent sweetness, very well balanced with sweet tannins.
My review: It had a strong smell of a lot of fruits, I'd place as strawberries, raspberries, and maybe boysenberry? It did have an alcoholy kind of smell so I expected it to have a slightly hot finish. Upon tasting it was dry at first, but had a nice sweet finish that I liked and wasn't as hot as I thought it would be. I tasted a little cherry on the end as well. I liked this wine and would maybe try it again. I tried this wine without food on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment