Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tasting - Doukenie 2011 Mandolin


Name: Mandolin
Variety: Traminette and Vidal
Region: Purcellville, VA
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: 21/bottle (nonmember)
Winery review: This very fruity blend of Traminette and Vidal has citrus, orange, and litchi flavors. It is an exotic blend that is not only a success on the table but also a pleasure to share with friends on a hot summer day. The low residual sugar gives a very nice round feeling. It has a long fruity finish.
My review: I LOVED THIS WINE! It was soooo good. I tried it first on its own then with crackers and provolone cheese and it was amazing with both! I also tried this wine at a vineyard with my mom!

It had a very fruity scent and a bunch of other scents I couldn't exactly place but I assume it's the litchi but I just really genuinely liked the smell, I smelled it a lot before I tasted it! Upon tasting on its own it was very light and had a great mix of fruitiness and had a long sweet finish. With the bread, crackers, and cheese it was even more fruity, and I almost thought I could taste a little bit of apple! It was very good and I would love to try it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment