Saturday, March 30, 2013

Tasting - Canyon Road Chardonnay


Name: Canyon Road Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95
Winery review: Medium-bodied wine with notes of crisp apple and ripe citrus fruit with a hint of cinnamon spice. Delicious complement to grilled chicken, lighter pasta dishes or mild cheeses.
My Review: I loved the color of this wine, it was a really pretty golden color but not too dark. Upon smelling I immediately got strong hints of citrus, like a lemon-line soda smell without the carbonation. Most white wines that I smell I always get a hint of apple but this is the first one I haven't gotten any apple. Upon tasting it was very citrusy again, but I got a lot of spice that I didn't anticipate at all with the smell! I loved that, and really liked how it balanced with the citrus. The finish was a nice medium dry, and I really liked it! I would definitely get this wine again. I tasted it on its own, without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment