Saturday, March 30, 2013

Tasting - Sainte Victoire Cotes de Provence

Name: Sainte Victoire Cotes de Provence
Varierty: 50% Grenache, 30% Syrah, 20% Cinsault
Region: Provence
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95
Winery review: Bright salmon pink: typically of the fresh but warm Provence style. Refined and complex on the nose, with summer fruits and floral notes. Dry and crisp, with a delicate flavor and full texture.
My review: I wasn't very fond of this wine. It had a strong alcohol, kind of dry smell to me. It smelled slightly like a lemon, and maybe a little like strawberry jam? Upon tasting it was really dry at first, then the middle was pretty sweet where I tasted lemons and apples, and strawberry. On the finish though it was dry again, which made me not really like it. I like most pink wines, but the after taste had a kind of thick texture that stuck in my mouth and I didn't like that very much. I tried this wine on its own, without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment