Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tasting - Doukenie 2011 Viognier


Name: Viognier
Variety: 100% Viognier
Region: Purcellville, VA
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: 25/bottle (nonmember price)
Winery review: A delicate golden wine, creamy, yet light and refreshing and bright in color. The aromas of apricot, apple, honey, and exotic flavor create a very fruit bouquet. The long smooth finish ends with a touch of light acid and citrus. Try this fine wine with curry dishes, gazpacho, or spinach and artichoke dip. 
My review: I tried this wine with my mom at the vineyard!
 My mom loves wine....
 I tried this wine on its own first and then with bread. The description said that it was bright in color so I expected it to be clear, but then I realized they meant actual color, because it was the most opaque white wine I've ever seen! It almost looked yellow really. Its smell was very sweet, with a lot of apple and honey scent. Upon tasting first without the bread, it was very apple-y and juice with an acidic finish. With bread, it was a little more acidic at first but the after taste was much sweeter than before. I liked this wine, but it was not of my favorites that we tried at the vineyard.
 this is the best picture I got with the really bright color of the wine! And their home made bread that I tried the wine with.

No comments:

Post a Comment