Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tasting - Tinto Figaro


Name: Tinto Figargo
Variety: 100% Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $6.95
Shop review: Figaro is 100% Garnacha, made from a selection of the best grapes grown in the oldest vineyards. While not truly an "oaked wine", a short stay in oak barrels provides a nice spicy flavor boost. Bright violet. Dark berry and cherry aromas show a jammy aspect. Supple and gently sweet, with good lift to its black raspberry and boysenberry flavors. Smooth and broad on the finish, leaving behind a hint of spiciness. Extremely easy to drink and an excellent value.
My review: I LOVED this wine. I don't usually like red wines so this was a great surprise and a good find! It smelled very fruity, almost like a raspberry jam. Upon tasting, it was sweet with darker fruity flavors and a slightly spicy finish that I really liked. I hate when red wines have a really dry finish so the spice on the end of this was perfect. I tried this wine on its own without food. I would like to get it again and try it with food!

No comments:

Post a Comment