Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tasting - R. Collection Chardonnay

 

Name: R. Collection Chardonnay
Variety: 100% Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: 7 glass/26 bottle

Shop review: The Chardonnay has melon, guava, and creamy notes followed by bright fruit flavors of pineapple, lemon and lime. A rich smooth feel with a light oak finish, this wine has nicely balanced acidity and a smooth finish.

My review: I tasted this with chicken, potatoes, and green beans and I drank this bottle with my parents!

My dad picked just about every wine we drank this break, but my mom really doesn't like red wine so majority of everything I tasted was white wine! This was a Chardonnay I really liked because it wasn't too dry on the finish and I could actually taste the oak! Upon smelling it was very fruity and melon-y, but I've never smelled a guava so I'm not quite sure what that was like. With the chicken it was very smooth and a lot of the lemon flavor came out for me. I really liked this wine and had two glasses and would love to try it again! I had this wine at a new place by my house in Ashburn, Virginia, called The V and they have wines and beers from wineries and breweries all around Virginia! It's really cool and I would love to go there again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment