Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tasting - Domaine de Grange de Payan


Name: Domaine de Grange de Payan
Variety: Grenache
Region: Cotes du Rhone
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95
Shop review: Intensely spicy and precise, with lively red berry flavors and a hint of black pepper. The Grenache, which makes up the majority of the wine, is deeper and more powerful, offering cherry and black raspberry qualities lifted by zesty minerality.
My review: Upon smelling it was very berry like, maybe raspberries or blackberries? But on the end of the smell I got a strong smell of spice or pepper. This wine also reminded me a little of jam on the smell, but it's spice and pepper smell were very over powering of the fruity smells and I wasn't really looking forward to trying it. Upon tasting, it was much spicier and peppery than I thought and I didn't like it. It had a weird aftertaste, almost sticky. I did not like this wine. I tried it without food on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment