Friday, March 1, 2013

Tasting - Monte Aman


Name: Monte Aman
Variety: 100% Tempranillo
Region: Arlanza
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: 5.95.
Shop review: Fermentation of selected grapes in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature. Aging in American oak casks for 5 months followed by 3 months in the bottle before being released in the
market. Inky ruby. Ripe cherry and plum on the nose. Smooth and fleshy, with deep dark fruit flavors complicated by bitter chocolate and anise. A spicy quality adds lift and focus to the weighty fruit. Offers an appealing mix of power and energy and drinks very well right now.
My review: It smelled very intensely cherry to me, with small hints of other fruits and chocolate. Upon tasting, I LOVED this wine! It was dry but not too dry as I like to say, and I could taste the chocolate! It really did almost taste like a cherry and chocolate mixed together, and I would love to try this wine again. It was a great red wine and I loved it.
I tried this wine without food.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard a lot about this Monte Aman. People used to say that this is the most satisfying drink in the market with perfect manufacturing.Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete