Friday, March 1, 2013

Tasting - Dibon Cava Brut Reserve


Name: Dibon Cava Brut Reserve
Variety: 45% Macabeo, 25% Xarel-lo, 30% Parellada
Region: Penedes
Country: Spain
Year: Non-vintage
Price: 9.95
Shop Review: Light gold with plenty of bubbles, this wine has aromas of apples and pears with pleasant floral notes. Crisp and light-bodied on the palate, stone fruit flavors are accompanied by a mild minerality and balanced acidity. A delicious sparkler for a great price!
My Review: It smelled very appley, almost like apple juice to me, it was very strong. It had a crisp, clean smell slightly, kind of like soda does with carbonation. Upon tasting, it was bubbly, crisp, and very acidic. The finish was almost too acidic for me, which is why I may only just try this again, but definitely not buy.
I tried this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment