Friday, March 1, 2013

Tasting - Maipe Chardonnay


Name: Maipe Chardonnay
Variety: 85% Chardonnay, 15% Viognier
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2012
Price: 7.95
Shop review: Made from 85% Chardonnay, 15% Viognier. 30% malolactic fermentation, 30% was aged in French oak barrels. Brilliant yellow golden color with green hints. The wine is crisp and filled with white peach, pear, green apples flavors, toasty vanilla. Elegant and luscious wine, well balanced. Crisp and long finish. Pairs well with creamy soups, pork, veal, vegetables.
My review:  It had a strong alcohol scent with a slight scent of apples and pears, and I could smell the oak-y wood smell from the oak barrels. It had a little musty scent to it at the end as well. The taste was sweet, but with a very weird finish I couldn't quite place the taste. It was almost a biting, hot finish, and I did not like it. I will not be trying this wine again.
I tried this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment