Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tasting - Ca'Lunghetta Pinot Grigio


Name: Ca'Lunghetta Pinot Grigio
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Pinot Gris
Country: Italy
Year: 2011
Price: 5 glass/20 bottle (happy hour 3 dollar glass!)
Shop review: Refreshing, vibrant citrus with melon, pear, and crisp finish
My review: I also loved this white wine! Upon smelling it was very melon-y with a fruity bouquet. Upon tasting, it had a very pear-citrus taste, but I swear I tasted apples like I usually do in a lot of white wines! It was very refreshing and little bubbly, kind of like a sparkling wine would be but not quite like that. I also tasted this wine with my mom, and I tried it with arancini, which are little fried rice balls and cheese! It didn't change it too much, maybe masked the flavors a little bit since it was a very over powering food of flavors, but I could still taste a very melon-y finish every time with it! I loved this wine, especially for the price!


No comments:

Post a Comment