Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting - Emeri de Bortoli Sparkling Shiraz


Name: Emeri de Bortoli Sparkling Shiraz
Variety: Shiraz
Region: South Eastern
Country: Australia
Year: Non-vintage
Price: $9.95
Shop review: A relatively light, fresh style of sparkling Shiraz, with berries and hints of chocolate picking up just a tough of sweet vanilla on the finish.
My review: I had never had a sparkling Shiraz before, let alone a sparkling red so I was really excited to try this! It was extremely chocolately on the nose and I got slight hints of raspberry as well. Upon tasting, it was sweet but dry on the finish, and I loved how the bubbles worked with the chocolate taste. It reminded me a little of a root beer/coke float tasting a little bit at the end. I really liked this and would like to try it again with food!
I tasted this without food on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment