Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting - Tres Ojos Garnacha


Name: Tres Ojos Garnacha
Variety: Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95
Shop review: The wine has a brick red color with a bouquet of red raspberries, spice and white pepper. The palate is incredibly concentrated and rich. The modern styles of Garnacha in Spain are continuously begin perceived world wide as wines of extraordinarily good quality. This wine is fruity, juicy and shows a great depth, ripe tannins, length but yet with wonderful elegance and lightness. Enjoy with sausages, roasted meats, aged cheeses, etc.
My review: Upon smelling it was extremely spicy and peppery. It made my sinuses tingle a little bit and my tear ducts definitely started to water a little. I couldn't really smell anything else since it was so spicy at first to me. Upon tasting it was also really spicy and had a harsh, dry after taste that also kind of make my sinuses tingle from drinking it. I wasn't too fond of this wine. I tried it without food on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment