Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting - Vinha do Foral Pygoes Dry Moscato



Name: Vinha do Foral Pygoes Dry Moscato
Variety: Muscat
Region: Setubal Peninsula
Country: Portugal
Year: 2010
Price: $9.95
Shop review: Adega de Pegoes "Vinha do Foral" Setubal Dry Moscato offers bright notes of peach, melon, citrus fruit, augmented by crisp acidity and a delicate mineral finish.
My review: I ended up actually really liking this wine. It had an extremely peachy melony smell that I really liked. It almost reminded me of cucumber melon body wash but with a lot more melon. I liked how it had a crisp clean smell that I could totally anticipate in the taste. Upon tasting it was very crisp and sweet and almost refreshing, very unlike wine to me. It almost seemed like a juice to me, and had a lot of notes of citrus in it. I really liked this wine, and I tried it on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment