Friday, April 26, 2013

Tasting - Lobetia Chardonnay


Name: Lobetia Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $10.95
Shop review: Organically and naturally grown and made, this wine allows the varietal and the terroir to stand out cleanly. Clean, bright color with a greenish-yellow tone. On the nose, exotic fruits like pineapple. Full flavored, fresh, with good acidity in the mouth, it finishes with tropical fruits.
My review: This was the first Chardonnay I've smelled where I can really smell that pungent grassy smell. It was super grassy, with a clean and crisp kind of cutting smell to it. I assumed it smelled so much like that because it is super organic as well. On the very end of the smell it had a kind of sweet candyesque, floral smell just slightly. Upon tasting, it was very lemony too me, but still with a very overpowering clean and crisp taste that was just quick and cutting, if you will. The finish was very dry, but I liked it a lot actually. I got a slight hint of pineapple, but it was very fleeting and not too obvious. It had a slight earthy taste to it as well. I tried this wine on its own without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment