Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting - Poggio al Tufo Cabernet Sauvignon


Name - Poggio al Tufo Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Maremma Tuscany
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $18.95
Shop review: 88 points, International Wine Cellars. Bright ruby. Spicy black currant, dark plum and violet on the nose. Sweet, broad and fresh, with a black currant flavor lifted by juicy acidity. Finishes smooth and moderately long.
My review: This smelled extremely perfumey to me, with a lot of violet. I could tell there were other floral smells but I couldn't really place them. I caught a very slight hint of plum, but it took a few sniffs to get it. Upon tasting it was slightly spicy, and then had a very berry like middle. The finish was very dry and left kind of a funny after taste in my mouth, with a little bit of the plum. I can't really place why I didn't like this wine, but I wasn't too fond of it. I tried this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment