Friday, April 5, 2013

Tasting - Chateau Serres Sainte Lucie Corbieres


Name: Chateau Serres Sainte Lucie Corbieres
Variety: Syrah, Grenache, and Mourvedre
Region: Corbieres
Country: France
Year: 2010
Price: $4.95
Shop review: Superb dark garnet color with a few reflections of dark orange. Intense nose of ripe fruits, spices, and roasted coffee. The palate is rounded and full, with silky matured tannins and hints of vanilla. This wine is rich and powerful with layers of tannins.
My review: It smelled really spicy at first! I got a hint of vanilla on the nose as well. Upon tasting it had the most interesting texture I've noticed on a wine, and it was really silky on my tongue. It tasted a lot like blackberries and wasn't nearly as spicy as I anticipated from the smell, but it was a little grainy from the tannins. On the finish it was dry and bitter, with a slight vanilla end. I tried this on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment