Friday, April 26, 2013

Tasting - Franzia Sunset Blush



Name: Franzia Sunset Blush (Zinfandel Rose Wine)
Variety: Zinfandel
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: NV
Price: $14.95
Review (from the box): Delicate pink hue with strawberry flavors; easy to drink and very refreshing.
My review: Since we did a box wine at the tasting I figured why don't I get my own box of my favorite Franzia! I've been getting Franzia since as long as I can remember and Sunset Blush is my favorite. I have these very full, round bottomed wine glasses with wide openings, so it actually makes it harder to smell a lot of scents, and since I also keep my Franzia in the fridge I feel like the constant chilling also muddles the smell. I tried smelling it, and it honestly smelled kind of like nothing but slightly strawberry, but definitely smelled like wine more than anything (just a sweet alcohol kind of smell.) Upon tasting, as I expected, it was very sweet almost like a juice and has a strong strawberry flavor with maybe a kind of other berries, maybe cherry or some other berry, but like I said the cold kind of muddles the flavor as well. Although, I will always love Franzia. I tried this wine on its own without food.

2 comments:

  1. hey, thanks for the honest review on this wine. I will try it when i get the chance. I love its colour. Looking forward to more reviews from you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wine is my absolute favorite Franzia Sunset Blush is the best omg I can always find it in any grocery store

    ReplyDelete