Friday, April 5, 2013

Tasting - Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado




Name: Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado
Variety: Sparkling Brut Blend
Region: Granada
Country: Spain
Year: NV
Price: $3.95
Shop review: Rose salmon with copper reflections. Slow rising fine bubble that forms "lace" and "rosary". In the nose is complex and elegant with red fruit, citric, exotic, fresh flowers, and notes of dry fruits and dry flowers. Fresh, gentle, and alive. Perfectly integrated "perlage" with serious and subtle flavors of dry fruits, pomegranate, and lemonade. Long lasting scent of flowers and herbs.
My review: This smelled distinctly like vinegar to me. It had a weird almost rotting smell, and when I initially smelled it it literally made my knees weak it smelled so weird. Upon tasting it kind of tasted like a rose champagne but a little lemony and a little bit of the rotting smell kind of made it taste rotting a little to me. I'm not really sure what it actually tasted like because the smell kind of ruined it for me. I tried this one its own without food. I will not be tasting this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment