Friday, April 26, 2013

Tasting - Trattoria Busa Alla Torre Da Lele


Name: Trattoria Busa Alla Torre Da Lele
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: NV
Price: $7.95
Shop review: Named after the famous restaurant in Italy! This is their house white wine! Coppery color from extended skin contact, round and rich texture with juicy melon aromas and flavors with a sweet fennel note on the ultra smooth finish. Great value Grigio! Drink now.
My review:  This wine had a very apple-melon smell to me, and I had a slight hint of cucumber melon body wash smell again with this wine, but a lot...fresher smelling I guess would be how I would place it. Upon tasting it was very melony, with a very sticky citrus sweet taste in the middle of my tongue and mouth. Although it had a nice dry finish that I wasn't expecting, but then it gave way to kind of a weird after taste that I couldn't really place what the taste was, but it left my mouth with a funny feeling. I tried this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment