Friday, April 5, 2013

Tasting - Cresta Azul


Name: Cresta Azul
Variety: Blend of Moscatel, Macabeo, Parellada, Xarel-lo
Region: Catalunya
Country: Spain
Year: Non Vintage
Price: $5.95
Shop review: Peach, orange cream, and vanilla flavors mingle in this softly bubbly white. Off-dry, but with crisp acidity and a clean finish.
My review: I loved this wine and ended up buying it actually! It smelled immediately like an orange dreamsicle since I really like those. It was also super peachy smelling. Upon tasting it was slightly sweet with a small hint of bubbles, and I got a mixture of pears, peaches, and apples. The finish was slightly dry, and left a slightly sticky taste in my mouth that I really liked! I tried this wine on its own without food, but I plan to try it with food!

No comments:

Post a Comment