Friday, April 5, 2013

Tasting - Ruta 22 Malbec


Name: Ruta 22 Malbec
Variety: Malbec
Region: Patagonia
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95
Shop review: Stout and dense from the beginning, with blackberry and violet aromas. Despite being a bold and dark Malbec, this is fresh and composed, with sweet blackberry and cassis flavors. Good on the finish, with candied fruit and caramel sweetness.
My review: Upon smelling it smelled a lot like blackberry jam, very sweet and pungent (in a good way). I got a slight hint of caramel as well. It tasted super dry on the finish, and it had a dark flavor that I can't really place. It was almost like coffee in that it had a slight bitterness on my tongue, and it had a dark smoky finish. I wasn't very fond of this wine. I tried it on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment