Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting - Tselepos Agiorgitiko 2012


Name - Tselepos Agiorgitiko 2012
Variety: Moschofilero
Region: Arcadia/Peloponnese
Country: Greece
Year: 2012
Price: $9.95
Shop review: This is a bit compact, quite elegant in the mid-palate, but it is pure, velvety and lovely, with a notable backbone. There is a little oak, but that should integrate. It won't immediately be a 'wow' wine, but I predict it will grow on you as it grew on me. It was better after an hour or so. Fragrant, crisp and intensely flavorful, this Agiorgitiko has some nods to Burgundy, given its graceful presentation, aromatics and structure. It finishes well and should be a crowd pleaser, making everyone from novices to geeks happy.
My review: While the review says that the oak should integrate, at first all I could smell was oak. Other than that, all else I could smell was butter. Upon tasting, it was also very oaky and had some floral tastes but other than that I couldn't pick out any other specifics. It almost seemed like a watered down wine honestly.  It was a very bland wine. I tried it on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment