Friday, April 26, 2013

Tasting - Lobetia Tempranillo


Name: Lobetia Tempranillo
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $10.95
Shop review: Organically and naturally grown and made, this wine allows the varietal and the terroir to stand out cleanly. It shows a nice cherry color with a violet shade because of its youth. Red berries and cherries on the nose. On the palate it is fresh, slightly astringent, and harmonious with a long finish.
My review: It smelled like a very sweet plum, berry kind of jam to me, but like the Chardonnay from the same winery, it had a clean, crisp smell to it where it made the scents not so muddled together, everything was brighter and more pronounced. Upon tasting it was actually almost like cherry medicine tasting which I did not expect. There was also a hint of earthy, soil kind of tasting, and it felt like it had a lot of tannins in my mouth. I tried this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment