Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting - Foris Pinot Gris

Name: Foris Pinot Gris
Variety: Pinot Gris
Region: Rogue Valley, Oregon
Country: United States
Year: 2011
Price: $15.95
Shop review: 89 points, Wine Enthusiast. Although the 2011 vintage was difficult, Foris did particularly well with this lightly spicy, fruit-laden Pinot Gris. True varietal flavors of pear and apple are perfectly set against vivid acidity.
My review: This wine had a super appley smell to me. I could catch slight hints of lemon and maybe melon but the apple was very overpowering especially since I really like the smell of apples. Upon tasting, it was very sweet and almost had a thick, granulated texture from the sweetness. It was very appley tasting, with a slight hint of melon. It had a sweet finish that kind of made my mouth a little sticky after. This wine was definitely too sweet for my liking, which is strange because I usually love sweeter wines. I tried this wine on its own without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment