Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tasting - Lavarini Valpolicella Classico 2010


Name: Lavarini Valpolicella Classico 2010
Variety: 65% Corvina Veronese, 25% Rondinella and 10% Molinara
Region: Valpolicella in the Veneto region
Country: Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95
Winery review: The red ruby color and the dry taste give this wine joviality and cordiality. It is fresh and fruity, with lovely strawberry and cherry aromas and flavors, with nice spice and a silky texture
My review: I honestly really liked this! I'm a big white wine drinker in the first place, so I wasn't too excited at first. When I smelled it, it had a really nice cherry scent. Upon tasting, it was really good, had a nice sweet cherry flavor with not too much acid/alcohol tasting, almost a little spicy. I would love to try it with food, but I'm not sure what would go with it. 
I tasted this on its own with no food.

No comments:

Post a Comment