Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tasting - Fortediga Cabernet Syrah


Name: Fortediga Carbernet Syrah
Variety:  40% syrah, 30% cabernet franc and 30% cabernet vauvignon
Region: ?
Country: France
Year: 2008  
Price: 9.95
Shop review: Nose of the red berry fruit enriched by nuances of spice, subtle but recognizable. The slight effervesce of Moye increases the appeal of its palate, bringing out its freshness without compromising its complexity. Served chilled it is wonderful, marinates and stews, or with Piedmont’s traditional fritto misto.
My review:  It smelled very alcoholic, and a little berry like. A lot of red wines smell like berries to me but this one had more of an alcohol smell than berries so I expected it to have a "hot finish" as I've learned. It tasted hot and dry as I expected, and had a little berry taste. As far as red wines go it wasn't bad, I may or may not try it again.
I tasted this without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment