Sunday, February 24, 2013

Tasting - Joseph Carr Pinot Noir


Name: Joseph Carr Pinot Noir
Variety: 100% Pinot Noir
Region: Sonoma Coast, California
Country: United States
Year: 2007
Price: 
Shop review: Ever elusive, our Central Coast Pinot Noir offers cherry, and dark wild raspberry in both the bouquet and taste. I also find aromatic violets, tea, strawberry seed, and hints of mushroom. The wine shows very good structure with balanced, yet approachable tannin.
My review: I hated this wine, especially the smell. It smelled like fungus and moldy and really strange. I've never smelled a wine like this before. The taste wasn't much better and I know it doesn't make sense but it tasted old. It was so dry and I really didn't like that. I would not try this again.
I did not taste this with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment