Sunday, February 17, 2013

Tasting - Gabriella Chianti


Name: Gabriella Chianti
Variety: Sangiovese
Region: Tuscany, Chianti subregion
Country: Italy
Year: 2008
Price: $7.95
Winery review: This beautiful wine has the very deep red, almost purple, color that you would expect in a Chianti. The first thing you notice is the fruit, balanced by a bit of spice. It’s a good dry wine with a bold flavor. Even with it’s boldness, this Chianti is velvety smooth.
My review: After this tasting I've become a lot less scared of red wines. It was really dark but had a really sweet smell to it that I really liked, and almost had a strong banana/strawberry smell to me, but I almost always say every red wine smells like bananas. But it definitely had a strong fruity smell that I liked. Upon tasting I could tell the spice that was in it to balance it out. It was very dry, but went down smooth and while I usually don't like dry wines, I liked this one a lot I feel like due to the fruitiness of it. I can only imagine how it would taste with meat and I would love to try it again with or without food.
I tasted it on its own, without any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment